Solar Tiny House Debut & Dinner
May 12 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm| $100
NATiVE is a proud sponsor of the Green Gate Farms Solar Tiny House Debut & Dinner on Saturday, May 12th.
Come enjoy a delicious farm-to-table dinner at their luxury Solar Tiny House created by (and premiered on) the History Channel’s “You Can’t Turn That Into A House” program.
Perched on a hillside with a spectacular view of their River Farm, you’re invited you to come celebrate this space and their vision for the farm, which includes:
- Increasing their farm-based education programming for children, adults and families (see www.newfarminstitute.org for more information),
- Launching their agritourism initiatives — from primitive camping to guided canoe expeditions to weekends in the Solar Tiny House, and
- Building an Education and Retreat Center to teach sustainable organic farming techniques, cooking and more
This fundraising dinner will feature a farm tour of our flower and vegetable fields, a walk through the Food Forest, a screening of the TV episode that created Tiny House, a silent auction, and a chance to win a free, luxurious weekend at the farm.
- Saturday, May 12
- $100/person for farm-to-fork dinner (tax deductible)
- Green Gate Farms’ River Farm, 156 Howard Lane, Bastrop. This 33-acre certified organic farm, just 25 minutes east of downtown Austin (and 8 miles west of Bastrop) along the Colorado River.
Food, Drinks, & Entertainment
- View the menu, here! Farm-to-table dinner from Escoffier School of Culinary Arts (vegetarian option available)
- Desserts from Hannah Bakery
- Drinks from Copper Shot Distillery and JuiceLand
- Live Music from Brooke and Dawn
- Mothers attending the event will receive a free bouquet of organic flowers in honor of Mother’s Day!